Actuators & ServoActuators
High Performance Rotary Actuators for Naval Applications
Moog's line of rotary electromechanical actuators offers products that are affordable, robust and designed for naval shipboard environments. These actuator designs are based on Moog's product heritage in aerospace, military and industrial markets.
Moog has the capability to design a solution to fit any Navy application. Actuators can be provided in power ranges from fractional to over 100 horsepower. One of Moog's strengths is designing actuation systems requiring precise motion control at high bandwidths. Moog can provide the control systems engineering needed to tune the actuation system for optimal performance.
Moog has designed and built rotary actuator systems for undersea control surface and propulsion applications. In these applications, the actuators are designed to withstand a lifetime of undersea exposure.
||-20oC to +70oC (Operating)
||MIL-STD-901D Grade B
||MIL-STD-167 Type 1
Designed for exposure to humidity, driving rain, salt, fog, spray, sand, dust, solar radiation, and corrosive atmosphere.
- Prime mover is a permanent magnet synchronous motor (brushless DC). Induction or stepper motors optional.
- Configured with standard internal brake. Can be modified for internal clutch for protection of integrated equipment.
- Telemetry options include resolvers, encoders, potentiometers, RVDT, or hall effect devices.
- Can be provided with integral temperature, current or torque sensors to enable health monitoring.
- Optimized for use with Moog's digital servo motor controller.
- Custom rotary actuators can be provided to meet stringent undersea level structure-borne noise requirements.
- Can be configured for manual operation.
- Can be designed to withstand water immersion.