COOLANT FLUID ROTARY UNION (FRU)
The Model 801 Fluid Rotary Union (FRU) is designed to operate with ethylene glycols (non-silicate inhibitors), propylene glycols and polyalphaolefins (PAO), providing very low leakage rates over relatively long service intervals. The Model 801 FRU can be used as a standalone unit, or can be integrated with electrical slip rings and / or fiber optic rotary joints.
- 2-pass for supply and return
- G 1/2 inch BSPP housing ports
- M14 shaft ports
- 2x G 1/8 inch BSPP drain ports for leak collection
- Through bore (for fiber or electric pigtails)
- Rotational speeds up to 120 rpm continuous
- Continuous 360° rotation
- Custom flanges and adaptors available
- Light weight
- 100 million revolution life
- 0.12 mL / hour leak rate
||120 rpm (continuous)|
||Approx. 5 lb-ft [6.8 N-m]|
||Dependent on configuration|
||> 100 million revolutions|
||-55°C to +80°C (ambient)
-40°C to +75°C (liquids)
|Shock / Vibration
|1 Operational life is dependent on pressure, temperature, rotational speed and duty cycle. Maximum values do not apply concurrently. Please consult the factory for actual value.
2 Break-in torque may be higher.
Flexible conduit should be used to couple to the rotating component. The torque arm must be loose coupled.
- Ground vehicles
- Airborne applications
- Naval applications