Model 810 Pneumatic / Hydraulic FRU
FLUID ROTARY UNION
The Model 810 Fluid Rotary Union (FRU) is designed for industrial applications where multiple fluid passes need to be transferred across a rotational interface. There are various standard designs, depending on the application.
The Model 810 FRU is available with two to four threaded passages, ranging in size from 1/4 to 3/4 inches, as well as a 1/2 inch on-axis wire pass for integration with an electrical slip ring, fiber optic rotary joint or both.
The Model 810 utilizes sealed-for-life rolling element bearings to provide long trouble free service. Filled PTFE based seals run on a hardened surface to provide long service life, minimizing frictional heat generation and operational torque.
For marine applications, the Model 810 is available in hybrid and fully stainless steel versions for added corrosion protection.
- Two or four pass configurations
- 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 inch port sizes available
- NPT, SAE straight thread or BSPP available
- 1/2 inch on-axis wire / fiber pass
- Pressure rating up to 6,000 psi
- Continuous 360° rotation at speeds up to 100 rpm
- Rugged, carbon steel design with corrosion protection
- Optional fully stainless steel version
- Can be easily combined with Moog electric or optical slip rings
- Pass isolation and cross channel flow prevention
- Stainless steel construction
- Bearing shield and V-ring for added environmental protection
- Other configurations possible
|Model 810 Specifications|
|Number of Passes||2||4|
|Port Sizes||1/4, 1/2, 3/4 inches|
|Port Types||NPT, SAE straight thread or BSPP
|Maximum Operating Pressure1||6,000 psi|
|Continuous Speed1||Up to 100 RPM continuous|
|Maximum Fluid Temperature||80°C|
|Material||Carbon and alloy steel
|1 Operational life is dependent on pressure, temperature, rotational speed and duty cycle. Maximum values do not apply concurrently. Please consult the factory for actual value.
Flexible conduit should be used to couple to the rotating component. The torque arm must be loose coupled.
- Winches and cable reels
- Machining centers
- Rotary index tables
- Heavy equipment turrets
- Packaging machines
- Automated handling
- Palletizing machines
- Labeling machines