ROTARY VARIABLE DIFFERENTIAL TRANSFORMER
A Rotary Variable Differential Transformer (RVDT) is an electromechanical transducer that provides a variable alternating current (AC) output voltage that is linearly proportional to the angular displacement of its input shaft. When energized with a fixed AC source, the output signal is linear within a specified range over the angular displacement.
RVDT’s utilize brushless, non-contacting technology to ensure long-life and reliable, repeatable position sensing with infinite resolution. Such reliable and repeatable performance assures accurate position sensing under the most extreme operating conditions.
Moog offers seven frequency optimized RVDT’s in a basic size 8 configured housing. Each is designed to operate at a specific frequency. Frequency optimization provides the benefit of an increased operating range of angular displacement with a reduction in sensor size and weight.
- Brushless, non-contacting technology
- Repeatable position sensing with infinite resolution
- Housed and frameless versions available
- Single cycle (+/- 80 deg.) or dual cycle (+/- 40 deg.)
- Standard size 8 (housed version) with servo clamp interface available
- Multiple channel (tandem) versions available
- Geared configurations available
- Long life
- High reliability
- High accuracy
- Repeatable performance
- Robust, compact construction
- Custom electrical and mechanical designs available – contact factory with requirements
Note: If your application requires gearing or other complex mechanical configurations, please provide us with your requirements.
|Impedance||217 + j448|
|Scale Factor (V / Deg.)||0.052|
|Angular Disp. (+/- Deg.)||30|
|Accuracy (+/- Deg.)||0.25|
|Phase Angle (+/- Deg.)||7|
|Impedance||114 + j103|
|Test Load||40 Kohm|
|Variation with Temp. (Deg. C Max.)||0.05|
|*Voltage and frequencies shown are typical. RVDTs can operate at other voltages and frequencies. Our design engineers are happy to design an RVDT to meet your voltage and frequency requirements.|
- Flight control actuation / navigation
- Fuel control / valves
- Cockpit controls
- Nose wheel steering systems
- Missile fin actuation