The M3000 System is Moog's high performance digital motion control system for hydraulic and electric drive products. The M3000 is built to enable users to easily implement fast and accurate control structures. A powerful control system enables complex multi-axis functions with axis cycle times of one millisecond or even faster closed-loop control with servovalves or servomotors. A variety of extension modules are available for the MSC (Moog Servo Controller) as part of the M3000 System. Each is mounted on a DIN rail for easy add-ons and a high degree of flexibility.
Moog Servo Controller (MSC)
The core of the M3000 system is the Moog Servo Controller (MSC), a freely programmable multi-axis controller that enables simultaneous advanced control algorithms and PLC sequencing in a single application.
- Advanced digital motion control for closed-loop control (e.g. position, speed, force) of hydraulic and electric products.
- Use of accepted standards and protocols insures fast implementation and easy set-up to save users time and money.
- 32-bit RISC processor with Floating Point Unit for powerful, fast and accurate control.
- Multiple software configurable interfaces: SSI,Encoder, CANopen, RS 232, Ethernet, Profibus, analog/digital outputs and various serial interfaces.
Moog Axis Control Software (MACS)
The Moog Axis Control Software (MACS) is an IEC 61131-3 Development Environment for the MSC and hardware configuration for all M3000 modules. It is an all-in-one software with programming, debugging, simulation, parameterization, visualization and tracing capabilities. MACS uses universal protocols and offers all textual and graphical programming languages which are defined by IEC 61131-3 (Function Block Diagram, Instruction List, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, Ladder Diagram, Continuous Function Chart). Moog also specializes in developing easy-to-use, customized control algorithm function blocks for MACS.
- User friendly IEC 61131-3 programming tool based on the CoDeSys Automation Alliance quickly becoming the global standard for machine builders.
- Simultaneous combination of advanced control algorithms and PLC sequencing.
- Includes libraries with function blocks for closed-loop control, filters, signal conditioning, communication, PLCopen function blocks and many others.
- Uses universal standards with protocols such as CANopen, TCP/IP, DDE, and OPC.
About the Author
Dieter is responsible for customer support of M3000 products. He has been working software development projects for control systems used in industrial and military applications.