Electrohydrostatic Actuation Systems (EAS)
Electrohydrostatic Actuation Systems (EAS) are emerging as viable options for industrial machine builders seeking for compact alternatives to traditional hydraulic or electromechanical motion control solutions. Based on the Electrohydrostatic Pump Unit (EPU), the EAS combines the EPU and any optional parts a customer might need, such as drives, manifolds, or cylinders. All components are Moog products that meet the highest standards of reliability and quality.
- High energy efficiency reducing operating costs
- Environmental cleanliness lowering maintenance & operating costs, as wells risk of fire
- High-force capability providing a viable alternative to EH actuation
- Unique manifold Interface enabling direct mounting, reducing piping and maintenance efforts
- Self-contained and compact product design reducing and machine footprint
New electro-hydrostatic actuation concept for the machine builders boosts energy efficiency and productivity
What is electrohydrostatic actuation?
Hybrid Actuation or Electrohydrostatic Actuation Systems describe systems that have both hydraulic and electric technology in a self-contained package. Electrohydrostatic Actuation Systems are options for traditionally hydraulic applications where high force capability is required and energy savings, environmental cleanliness or elimination of piping are needed. Conversely, EAS are options for traditionally electric applications requiring advanced fail-safe systems.