BMS09 Slotless Brushless DC Motors
Slotless brushless DC motors provide zero detent torque for near zero vibration. Utilizing SmCo magnets and a stainless steel housing, the BMS09 is ideal for medical applications where the motor has to withstand autoclave conditions. Utilizing NdFeB magnets, the BSS09 provides excellent value with a lower cost and high torque. Both versions are available in two standard lengths with three standard winding codes. Custom configurations available upon request. In addition, we offer a variety of electrical options to meet a wide range of commercial and industrial operating specifications.
The compact slotless motors are well suited for applications demanding high efficiency, high speed, low acoustical noise, and zero detent torque. Typical options include Hall effect feedback or sensorless.
For more information about how Moog's slotless motors can be tailored to fit your specific application, contact our applications engineers.
- Rare earth magnet for high power density
- Zero detent torque for near zero vibration
- Compact design
- Available with Hall device commutation or sensorless
- Two standard motor lengths for BMS and BSS models (custom lengths available)
- Custom windings available
- High efficiency
- High speed operation
- Low acoustical noise
- BMS model is designed for 1,000 autoclave sterilization cycles
- BSS model designed more for industrial applications
- Standard motor speeds up to 42,000 rpm (contact factory for higher speed applications up to 100,000 rpm)
- Medical equipment - handheld devices, drills and saws
- Robotic systems
- Test and measurement equipment
- Data storage
- Semiconductor handling