HD VIDEO, ETHERNET AND SERIAL DATA MULTIPLEXER
The Focal 914-HDE is an extremely compact, single card solution for High Definition (HD) video, Gigabit Ethernet and multiple serial data channels.
The 914-HDE is targeted for use with small Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), HD video broadcast, ROV survey upgrades or defense Electrical Optical (EO) pods.
The 914-HDE fiber optic multiplexer combines Focal’s expertise in Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) and replaces multiple media converters and optical multiplexers reducing size, weight, power and cost.
The 914-HDE supports advanced features, such as: real-time diagnostics over a dedicated RS-232 channel, video overlay with real time user updates (e.g. for GPS, altimeter), field-upgradable firmware, and software configurable serial data formats.
Diagnostic readings may be accessed via an RS-232 serial link in real time by using Focal™ Graphical User Interface (GUI) software, based on the Microsoft® .NET Framework, or by using a customer’s own software configured to read Focal’s serial ASCCII protocol or Modbus ASCCII format.
- Supports SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 3G-SDI video
- Supports Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports two non-isolated, configurable serial channels for camera controls and sensors
- Real-time diagnostics and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Rugged design for harsh environments
- Expansion connector for added interfaces
- LED header for enclosure diagnostics
- Reclocked video
- Advanced diagnostics
- Reduces cost and size of systems requiring HD video
- Ethernet and serial interfaces
- Supports a wide range of optical options, including CWDM wavelengths and multi-mode configurations
- Simplifies troubleshooting with advanced diagnostics
|Number of Video Channels||1|
|Format||3G-SDI (SMPTE-424M-A) (optional)
|Data Rates||3G-SDI: 2.970 Gpbs (optional)
HD-SDI: 1.485 Gbps
SD-SDI: 270 Mbps
|Latency||< 20 us (not including fiber)|
|Number of Ethernet Channels||1|
|Format||10 Base-T, 100 Base-TX, 1000 Base-T Ethernet (optional)|
|Number of Channels||2|
|Format||RS-232, RS-485, RS-442, configurable, non-isolated|
|Data Rate||RS-232: 230 kbps NRZ max.
RS-422 / 485: 2.5 Mbps max.
|Optical Fiber||1 or 2 singlemode (9/125 um)|
|Baud Rate||4.25 Gbaud standard|
|Wavelength||1310/1550 nm or CWDM|
|Optical Budget||> 20 dB|
|Voltage||+4.5 to +13.5 VDC|
|Power Dissipation||5 W typ., 7.5 W max.|
|Protection||Overvoltage, reverse voltage, time delay fuse|
|Weight||< 80 g (0.18 lb)|
|Dimensions||40.6 mm w x 88.9 mm|
|Video||SMB (75 Ω)|
|Serial Data||Molex MicroFit, 8-pin|
|Power||2-pin Molex, 0.156” pin spacing|
|Diagnostics||Molex 1.2 mm W-T-B Connector|
|LED Header||FCI Minitek 127|
|Temperature||-10°C to +60°C, operational
-40 °C to + 85 °C, storage
|Humidity||85% RH, non-condensing|
|Shock||30 g, 11 ms half sine, 3 axis|
|Vibration||5 g, 25 - 1000 Hz, 3 axis|
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Pipe inspection robots
- Bomb disposal robots
- Camera / sonar add-ons for ROVs
- Remote video security platforms
- Remote video broadcast platforms
- EO pods