Radial Piston Pumps
RKP with Digital Control for High Performance Machines
The Radial Piston Pump (RKP) with Digital Control is an electro-hydraulic version of the RKP with a fieldbus interface. It is the flexile and advanced solution for machine applications requiring high dynamics and reliability such as injection molding andmetal forming machinery.
The robust and contamination-resistant design of the RKP Pump is well-established in the market. It is now enhanced with a new Servo- Proportional Pilot Valve with digital on-board electronics for flow and pressure regulation, tuning and diagnostics. The high-performance, flexible microprocessor control system design makes this pump the ideal solution for a variety of pressure and flow-controlled systems.
Benefits and Features
- Closed-Loop Control: The new pilot valve with digital onboard-electronics provides more dynamics and improved precision control of the basic pump functions (flow and pressure regulations)
- Analog or Digital Control: The ability to function as a CANopen device or as a traditional analog device ensures compatibility with several PLC structures
- On-the-Fly Adjustment: Changing the parameters of the pressure controller "on-the-fly" enables optimization of the performance of sequential machine processes with multiple cylinders, a process nearly impossible with traditional pump operations
- Optimized Multiple Pumps: Optimized multiple pump arrangements in master-slave format now allows users to easily combine multiple servo-pump stages in one common oil volume, while providing superior pressure control
- Advanced Troubleshooting: Full access to all internal parameters during runtime helps to minimize downtime and enables users to diagnose common faults via Human Machine Interface (HMI) or laptop interface
- Save Space and Assembly Time: No assembly space inside the cabinet is required due to the design of the Digital Control Pump including onboard-electronics
Product Service & Repairs
Background: The usage of the control and the performance of the RKP-D played a significant role for the performance of the overall application. The main requirements of the customer were high speed and accuracy of pressure and displacement values, rapid build-up and drop of operating pressure, flexibility to change operating parameters according to end-user requirements.
The Moog Solution: Four RKP-D pumps in a Master / Slave configuration, where the master pump generates the target values for the slave pumps via the local digital bus.
The Result: The customer appreciated the accurate and repeatable adjustments of pressure and displacement, flexibility in control, and improved dynamic pattern which were all benefits when compared to a solution with one large pump. Low noise and durability that are characteristic of the RKP design were also decisive factors for the customer's choice.
For more examples or support, please contact a Moog expert.