Programmable Single-Axis Servo Drive
HIGH PERFORMANCE FOR INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY
Product Description: Single-Axis Servo Drives for the control of sychronous and asynchronous machines, delivering the highest level of dynamic response, smooth performance and application versatility. It is a module of the Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD).
- Programmable with built-in PLC functionality per IEC61131
- High speed communication via a range of fieldbus connections (e.g. EtherCat, CANopen, Profibus DP, Sercos,and others)
- High update rates, operating at cycle times of 62.5 µs for current and 125 µs for velocity and position control loops
- Built-in functional safety per EN61508, EN62061, EN ISO13849-1, IEC61900-5852
- 8 sizes based on output power ranging from 4 up to 450 Arms and 3 compact size versions based on output power ranging from 2 up to 8 Arms
- Integrated safety function (per EN 61800-5-2) with Safety PLC available as an option
- Higher machine productivity - From lowering cycle times in an injection molding machine, to increasing feed rates in a metal forming press, it delivers a significant increase in machine output.
- Improved machine precision - More precise motion control results in higher accuracy, virtually no part variations and reduced scrap.
- Higher machine flexibility - The modularity of this servo drive coupled with the ability to tailor customer-specific solutions provides the perfect flexible platform for different machine types, putting them at the heart of today's leading-edge designs
- Flexibility for use in complex multi-axis applications- This product can be integrated seamlessly as a module in the Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System.
|Current Rating||Servo Drives from 2-450 A with either air or liquid cooling|
|Size||Compact size. Suitable for 300 mm [11.8 in] switch cabinet depth, extremely small housing width, for the best possible switch cabinet usage|
|Communication Protocols||High-speed communication via field bus connection to a wide range of control systems (including EtherCAT, CANopen, Profibus, SERCOS among others)|
|Feedback Devices||Support for simultaneous feedback from 3 encoders ensures precise positioning capability extending from resolver to Sin/Cos single/multi-turn encoders|
|Safety||Built-in functional safety as per EN 61508, EN 62061, EN ISO13849-1, IEC 61800-5-2, personnel safety directly into the drive controller|
|PLC Functionality||Built-in PLC as per IEC61131 provides functions adapted to the application with direct access to the servo drive|
|Software||Tailored software packages with motion control functionality for every application|
Catalog - Modular Multi-Axis Servo System (MSD)
DataSheet - Compact Servo Drive (MSD Compact)
Product Information - Product Change Notice Firmware Upgrade for Programmable ServoDrives (MSD)
Manual - MSD Servo Drive Application Manual
Overview - Electro-Mechanical Products
Software and Documentation Download
Product Change Notice
As of 1 April 2014, all products in Moog's Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD), excluding the motion controller, will ship with updated hardware and firmware. As a result, units shipped as of this date will no longer be compatible with older versions of firmware. For further details, please see the Product Change Notice.