SIEMENS® S120M HYBRID CABLE SLIP RING
A slip ring can be used in any electromechanical system that requires unrestrained, continuous rotation while transferring power and data from a stationary to a rotating structure.
The AC7257 Ethernet slip ring is a derivative of our popular AC6275 series, and provides power and signal communications via the Siemens® SINAMICS S120M hybrid cable. Additionally, the slip ring can be configured to provide additional power and signal connections as the specific application may require.
The AC7257 utilizes Moog’s unique fiber brush technology for long life, no maintenance operation. The unit has been tested and verified compatible with the SINAMICS S120M decentralized servo system, logging over 100,000 rotations with no loss of information.The ring and brush contacts can operate in excess of 100,000,000 rotations.
For more information about how Moog's Ethernet slip rings can fit your specific application, contact our slip ring experts.
- Compatible with Siemens® DRIVE-CLiQ protocol
- Speeds up to 1000 rpm continuous
- Cable lengths as required
- In addition to the S120M hybird cable, additional signal and power connections are available
- Sealing to dust and light fluid splash
- IP65 available
- Stainless steel housing available
- Plug-and-play Siemens® DRIVE-CLiQ
- Through-bore for flexibility in mounting or routing of fluid and / or air lines
- Longer lead lengths available
- Various communictions, signal and power combinations
- Gold plated rings
- Stainless steel housing
- IP65 sealing
Siemens, DRIVE-CLiQ and SINAMICS are registered trademarks of Siemens AG.
|Operating Speed||1000 rpm*|
|Voltage||24 VDC to 5 A, 720 VDC for 10 A, 30 A and 50 A|
|Current Rating||5 to 50 amps|
|Temperature Range||-40°C to +80°C|
|Contact Material||Precious metal|
|Circuit Options||Ethernet, signal, power|
|*Please note that the operational life of the unit is dependent upon rotational speed, environment and temperature.
SOLUTIONS THAT SOLVE COMMON PROBLEMS
Moog and Siemens have teamed up to develop a unique solution to a common rotation problem in the packaging industry. This custom drive cable for slip rings reduces the need for multiple cables. To learn more, watch the video below.