Matrix Series Motors Ideal for Defense Applications
Updated August 3, 2021
In today's defense market, rugged industrial products are utilized to provide the functionality and reliability needed to meet or exceed the requirements in the field. Highly performing products must operate in extreme environments with more efficiency and flexibility than ever before. Moog's Matrix™ Series direct drive brushless DC frameless torque motors are often used in these types of applications due to their ability to minimize input power for maximum efficiency.
Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) DB / DBE Matrix™ Series Brushless DC Frameless Torque Motors
The DB Matrix Series is a family of motors consisting of a wide range of sizes, outside diameters from 1.5 to 22 inches (38 to 558.8 mm) with several stack sizes for each diameter. Utilizing high energy rare earth magnets and dense slot fills, the DB Matrix Series achieves high Km values. This provides the highest performance per volume and minimizes the motor footprint within the system.
- Operate over a wide range of speeds - not limited to AC frequency
- Extremely quiet operation with long life capability
- Motor life is not limited to brush or commutator life
- Efficient operation without losses associated with brushes
- Eliminate backlash and increase servo stiffness for an optimized direct drive system