EAST AURORA, N.Y. – November 29, 2021 – From November 29 through December 3 in Orlando, Fla., at I/ITSEC 2021 (booth #649), Moog Inc. will showcase its third generation Gen3 all-electric Level D Full Flight Motion System. Moog made the first all-electric motion system and was also the first to achieve Level D approval in 2006. Since then, Moog has delivered more than 1,000 high payload Level D electric motion systems. The Gen3 system will deliver an all-electric solution that focuses on lower cost of ownership for OEM customers and end users. According to Elizabeth Victor, business development manager at Moog Inc, “Moog used feedback from our major customers, and combined it with 14 years of design and support assistance to deliver exactly what the market is demanding.”
The Gen3 system achieves lower costs through a more efficient use of electricity, a field replaceable cushion, and a new return to home feature that eliminates batteries and redundant drives while delivering on the same high level of safety. The Gen3 system delivers end users and design engineers several benefits:
- Trims operating costs through an energy management system that reduces peak power consumption from 100 kilovolt-amperes to 25 kVA.
- Removes excess power storage to handle fluctuations and to deliver the power a simulator operator needs, when needed.
- Improves operational mean time between failure by 22 percent compared to previous systems and delivers 99.6 percent uptime.
- Eliminates the need for batteries in the return-to-home feature and replaces them with an alternative technology for storing energy.
- Displays sophisticated diagnostics with descriptive error codes, so repair teams can quickly diagnose a problem and get the FFS operational.
- Leaves the actuator connected to the motion system; technicians can replace the Gen3 System’s shock on site with field-replaceable parts.
- Reduces cabinet footprint, half the size of previous system.
Moog’s motion systems are successfully helping to train and certify thousands of crews. With Moog’s network of service providers, the company supports customers in 27 countries on six continents, in the customer’s language via phone, email and videoconferencing.
About Moog Inc.
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and integrator of precision control components and systems. Moog Industrial Group designs and manufactures high performance motion control products, solutions and services combining electric, hydraulic, and hybrid technologies with expert consultative support in a range of applications in energy, industrial machinery, simulation and test markets. We help performance-driven companies to design and develop their next-generation equipment. Moog Industrial Group, with fiscal year 2020 sales of US $909 million and over 40 locations worldwide, is part of Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B), which had fiscal year 2020 sales of US $2.9 billion. For more information, please visit www.moog.com and www.moogsimulation.com. For career opportunities, go to www.moog.com/careers.
Media Contacts and Inquiries:
Angela Gerhard, Marketing Communications