Moog has designed and built rotary actuator systems for undersea control surface and propulsion applications. In these applications, the actuators are designed to withstand a lifetime of undersea exposure.
||-20oC to +70oC (Operating)
||MIL-STD-901D Grade B
||MIL-STD-167 Type 1
Designed for exposure to humidity, driving rain, salt, fog, spray, sand, dust, solar radiation, and corrosive atmosphere.
- Prime mover is a permanent magnet synchronous motor (brushless DC). Induction or stepper motors optional
- Configured with standard internal brake. Can be modified for internal clutch for protection of integrated equipment.
- Telemetry options include resolvers, encoders, potentiometers, RVDT or hall-effect devices
- Can be provided with integral temperature, current or torque sensors to enable health monitoring
- Optimized for use with Moog's digital servo motor controllers
- Custom rotary actuators can be provided to meet stringent undersea level structure-borne noise requirements.
- Can be configured for manual operation
- Can be designed to withstand water immersion