Actuators & ServoActuators
Custom Electric Linear Servoactuators
Typical customizations include:
- Motor modifications such as optimized motor winding for voltage range, peak power requirements, low cogging designs and custom feedback requirements
- Optimized packaging to reduce envelope size or to minimize complexity by reducing the number of parts and integrating the actuation components into customer’s machine or hardware
- Meeting special performance requirements such as high bandwidth, high acceleration, high force, high speed, high duty cycle, long life, high accuracy and other key requirements
- Building-in special operating characteristics such as extremely smooth operation, low acoustic noise and low backdrive force
- Providing for other special needs such as environmental extremes (temperatures, humidity or vibration), explosion proof designs, fail safe architectures, and integrated snubbing
Some examples of highly specialized actuators include:
Moog electric motion control technology helps high security vehicle barriers protect and perform in today’s most hostile environments....
Learn about the control architecture Moog developed for the actuated elements of a moving roof on the Centre Court at Wimbledon in the United Kingdom. The project entailed supplying 148 axes of control.