Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD)
A MODULAR APPROACH TO MOTION CONTROL WITH MULTI-AXIS SERVO DRIVES, SINGLE-AXIS SERVO DRIVES AND MOTION CONTROLLER
Higher performance machines can mean a real advantage in productivity and profitability and Moog's Multi-Axis Servo Drive System is a key enabler in achieving this objective. This integrated family of products provides the highest levels of dynamic response, smooth performance and application versatility.
This system includes both modular and single-axis servo drive options, a common shared power supply and a motion controller to coordinate the motion across multiple axes.
- Higher machine productivity - From lowering cycle times in an injection molding machine to increasing feed rates in a metal forming press,this product delivers a significant increase in application performance
- Improved machine precision - More precise motion control such as smoother movement in flight simulators and higher accuracy and finished part quality in industrial machinery
- Higher machine flexibility - The modularity of the MSD coupled with the ability to tailor customer-specific solutions provides the perfect flexible platform for different machine types, putting them at the heart of today's leading-edge designs
- Integrated safety function (per EN 61800-5-2) with Safety PLC available as an option
|Current Rating||Servo Drives from 2-450 A with options of either the classic AC mains (PSA) connection or a DC feed with a central feeder unit|
|Size||Compact size. Suitable for 300 mm [11.8 in] switch cabinet depth, extremely small housing width, for the best possible switch cabinet usage|
|Communication Protocols||High-speed communication via field bus connection to a wide range of control systems (including EtherCAT, CANopen, Profibus, SERCOS among others)|
|Feedback Devices||Support for simultaneous feedback from 3 encoders ensures precise positioning capability extending from resolver to Sin/Cos single/multi-turn encoders|
|Safety||Built-in functional safety as per EN 61508, EN 62061, EN ISO13849-1, IEC 61800-5-2, personnel safety directly into the drive controller|
|PLC Functionality||Built-in PLC as per IEC61131 provides functions adapted to the application with direct access to the servo drive|
|Software||Tailored software packages with motion control functionality for every application|
- Catalog - Modular Multi-Axis Servo Drive System - MSD
- Product Information - Product Change Notice Firmware Upgrade for Programmable ServoDrives (MSD)
- Manual - MSD Servo Drive Application Manual
- Manual - MSD Multi-Axis Servo Drive
- Manual - MSD Single-Axis Servo Drive - Standard Version
- Manual - MSD Single-Axis Servo Drive - Compact Version - Operation Manual
- Manual - MSD Multi-Axis Power Supply - Operation Manual
Product Change Notice
As of 1 April 2014, all products in Moog's Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD), excluding the motion controller, will ship with updated hardware and firmware. As a result, units shipped as of this date will no longer be compatible with older versions of firmware. For further details, please see the Product Change Notice.
Software and Documentation Download
Moog’s family of programmable single- and multi-axis modular servo drives has been extended to include optional safety functions compliant with the EN 61800-5-2 safety standard. Read More
Two training courses are regularly available for Servo Drives to help you set up, program motion sequences, and use advanced features.
Register for technical training