Programmable Single-Axis Servo Drive
HIGH PERFORMANCE FOR INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY
Product Description: Single-Axis Servo Drives for the control of sychronous and asynchronous machines, delivering the highest level of dynamic response, smooth performance and application versatility. It is a module of the Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD).
- Programmable with built-in PLC functionality per IEC61131
- High speed communication via a range of fieldbus connections (e.g. EtherCat, CANopen, Profibus DP, Sercos,and others)
- High update rates, operating at cycle times of 62.5 µs for current and 125 µs for velocity and position control loops
- Built-in functional safety per EN61508, EN62061, EN ISO13849-1, IEC61900-5852
- 8 sizes based on output power ranging from 4 up to 450 Arms and 3 compact size versions based on output power ranging from 2 up to 8 Arms
- Integrated safety function (per EN 61800-5-2) with Safety PLC available as an option
- Higher machine productivity - From lowering cycle times in an injection molding machine, to increasing feed rates in a metal forming press, it delivers a significant increase in machine output.
- Improved machine precision - More precise motion control results in higher accuracy, virtually no part variations and reduced scrap.
- Higher machine flexibility - The modularity of this servo drive coupled with the ability to tailor customer-specific solutions provides the perfect flexible platform for different machine types, putting them at the heart of today's leading-edge designs
- Flexibility for use in complex multi-axis applications- This product can be integrated seamlessly as a module in the Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System.
|Current Rating||Servo Drives from 2-450 A with either air or liquid cooling|
|Size||Compact size. Suitable for 300 mm [11.8 in] switch cabinet depth, extremely small housing width, for the best possible switch cabinet usage|
|Communication Protocols||High-speed communication via field bus connection to a wide range of control systems (including EtherCAT, CANopen, Profibus, SERCOS among others)|
|Feedback Devices||Support for simultaneous feedback from 3 encoders ensures precise positioning capability extending from resolver to Sin/Cos single/multi-turn encoders|
|Safety||Built-in functional safety as per EN 61508, EN 62061, EN ISO13849-1, IEC 61800-5-2, personnel safety directly into the drive controller|
|PLC Functionality||Built-in PLC as per IEC61131 provides functions adapted to the application with direct access to the servo drive|
|Software||Tailored software packages with motion control functionality for every application|
Catalog - Modular Multi-Axis Servo System (MSD)
DataSheet - Compact Servo Drive (MSD Compact)
Product Information - Product Change Notice Firmware Upgrade for Programmable ServoDrives (MSD)
Manual - MSD Servo Drive Application Manual
Overview - Electro-Mechanical Products
Software and Documentation Download
Product Change Notice
As of 1 April 2014, all products in Moog's Programmable Multi-Axis Servo Drive System (MSD), excluding the motion controller, will ship with updated hardware and firmware. As a result, units shipped as of this date will no longer be compatible with older versions of firmware. For further details, please see the Product Change Notice.
Two training courses are regularly available for the Servo Drives to help you set up, program motion sequences, and use advanced features.
Register for technical training