Space and Defense Group
Moog is the premier motion and flow control solutions provider for the following markets: satellites, human-rated space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, military ground vehicles, naval vessels, and security and surveillance.
Moog's Space sector provides:
- Systems, subassemblies and components for chemical, electric, and cold gas propulsion on satellites
- Positioning of antennas and solar array panels for spacecraft
- Space-rated electronics, avionics, thrust vector control actuation systems, primary flight control actuators, electronic controllers, and fluid control systems and components for launch vehicles
The Moog Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle (OMV) is a propulsive tug for secondary payload deployment based on the Moog EELV Secondary Payload Adapter (ESPA) ring.
Moog's Defense sector specializes in:
- Turret drive systems, fire control systems, gun-aiming and stabilization systems, vehicle upgrades and conversions, vetronics for military ground vehicles and radar
- Navy ship steering controls
- Fluid and fin control actuation systems for missiles
- Vibration suppression for military platforms
The RIwP offers multiple weapon options with in-theater user reconfigurability to ensure overmatch in every combat situation. Patents pending.
Moog's Security sector supplies:
- Sensor system nodes, pan and tilt systems for precision positioning and pointing of cameras and sensors
- High-accuracy closed loop axial pointing, signal processing, video/audio switching and image stabilization
- IP Ready™ camera housings, wireless and vandal-resistant camera systems, infrared illuminators, mounting poles and lowering devices
Expanded velocity control offers the MPT finer resolution of speed and acceleration control, ultimately improving tracking and scaling applications. Users will enjoy the capacity of multiple configurable communication ports for convenient payload integration and communication.
Media Inquiries Only