High Performance Motors
The medical market is a market in motion – both literally and figuratively. With the Baby Boomers reaching retirement age and technology advancing almost exponentially, this is an exciting market for companies that supply components and assemblies into medical applications. The marketplace is vast with products ranging from simple syringes and disposables to complex diagnostic machinery such as CT scanner and MRI equipment. Embedded in the overall market are many niche markets that require motion components.
Although not an exhaustive list, these applications give a flavor for the myriad of potential applications within the overall medical market.
- Medical Centrifuges
- CT Scanner, MRI and Diagnostic Equipment
- Airway Clearance Therapy
- Patient Lifts, Patient Beds and Mobility Equipment
- Oxygen Concentration and Generation Equipment
- Medical Pumps, Blowers and Compressors
- Surgical Instruments – Saws and Drills
Motors for typical medical applications, particularly portable ones, are required to be:
- Reliable - long life
- Arcless - produces no sparks or arcing in
- High power density - high torque / dollar ratio
- Precision rotor balance
- High speed (centrifuge, saw and drill applications)
Air Moving Solutions
Moog Components Group is well positioned to provide solutions to various medical applications by combining our expertise in air moving solutions with our innovative motor technology.