Motors & Servomotors
See Also: Servodrives, Drives, and Drive Systems
Motors and Servo Motors
Moog specializes in offering both fractional horsepower DC motors as well as brushless servomotors.
Moog’s fractional horsepower DC motors are electronically commutated (brushless) or mechanically commutated (brush) motion components that provide high performance operation in a compact package design for a wide range of industrial, aerospace and military applications.
Moog’s servomotors are electronically commutated synchronous AC motors with permanent magnet field excitation, specifically designed for highly dynamic servo industrial applications where positioning times of 30 msec or less are often the norm.
Moog's high performance, fractional horsepower brushless DC motors are designed to provide smooth, efficient operation at various speed ranges. These motors are utilized in industrial, aerospace and defense applications. They can also function as a servomotor in the system. Both direct drive and housed models are available.
For nearly two decades the name Moog has been synonymous with high performance brushless servomotors offering the highest dynamic performance, power density, and reliability. We are committed to offering a range of servo motor products with matched servo drives that are easy to integrate into industrial applications.
What happens to high-performance brushless servomotors when they're exposed to lightning strikes, traction fault currents and two years of harsh exposure along Australia's railways? The answer may surprise you.
- Motors and Servo Motors Overview
- Avionics Brush DC Motors
- Brush Torque Motors
- Cube Torque Brush DC Motors
- Miniature High Torque DC Motors
- Optical Encoders
- Permanent Magnet DC Servomotors
- Inside Rotor Brushless DC Motors
- Outside Brushless DC Motors
- High Performance Direct Drive Brushless DC Motors
- Limited Rotation Motors
- Toroidally Wound DC Brushless Motors
- Main Battle Tank Brushless Servo Motor
- Compact Dynamic Brushless Servo Motor
- Maximum Dynamic Brushless Servo Motor
- Explosion Proof Servo Motors
- Contact Us
- Linear Motors