DB-1500 Matrix™ Series
DIRECT DRIVE BRUSHLESS DC TORQUE MOTORS
The DB Matrix™ Series direct drive brushless torque motors are used in applications that require high power density and / or quick accelerations. The designs are optimized to minimize input power for maximum efficiency.
Utilizing high energy rare earth magnets and dense slot fills, the DB Matrix Series achieves high Km values. This provides the highest performance per volume and minimizes the motor footprint within the system.
The motors are supplied as a direct drive rotor / stator frameless part set that is directly attached to the load. This form of attachment eliminates backlash and increases servo stiffness for an optimized direct drive system.
For more information about how this direct drive brushless torque motor can be tailored to fit your specific application, contact our applications engineers.
- Peak torques from 21 to over 650,000 oz-in (0.148 to 4590 N.m)
- Double insulated high temp magnet wire minimizes leakage current and provides good thermal resistance
- Stable high temp encapsulation material minimizes movement or working of windings under large temperature variations.
- Rare earth magnets
- High power density
- High torque to inertia ratio
- Low speed with high accuracy
- Large through bores
- Operate over a wide range of speeds - not limited to AC frequency
- Extremely quiet operation with long life capability
- Motor life is not limited to brush or commutator life
- Efficient operation without losses associated with brushes
- Winding options to adjust torque sensitivity, back EMF, DC resistance for matching a variety of system requirements
- Varying stack lengths from 0.10 to over 30 inches (2.54 to 762 mm)
- Mounting flanges, hubs, mounting holes and connectors may be added as required
- Hall Effect Sensors for commutation
|Peak Torque, TP oz-in (Nm)||21 - 212 (.15 - 1.48)|
|Amps at Peak Torque, IP amps||15.0
|Torque Sensitivity, KT oz-in / amp
(Nm / amp)
|1.43 - 14.1 (.01 - .10)|
|Motor Constant, KM oz-in / √W
(Nm / √W)
|2.76 - 14.66 (.02 - .10)|
|Weight oz (nom) (Kg)||2.7 - 15 (.08 - .43)|
|OD in (mm)||1.5 (38.1)|
|ID in (mm)||0.250 (6.35)|
|Length in (mm) Stack Length||0.25 - 2.5 (6.35 - 63.5)|
- Speed and rotation control systems
- Gimbals for FLIR and inertial navigation systems
- Stabilized gun and fire control systems for combat vehicles
- Fire control radars for land and ship board defense
- Cockpit instrumentation for military and commercial aircraft
- Space and vacuum instruments, actuation systems and momentum wheels