Steel Production Machinery
Boosting Productivity in Steel and Iron Production Machinery
Requirements for motion control in iron and steel production machinery are challenging including the the need for the highest precision, reliability and productivity, even in harsh environments with high temperature. Moog's 40 years of experience in the industry provides a deep application knowledge that is matched with a proactive approach to offering products and solutions that meet the exact requirements of this industry.
Moog offers a wide range of hydraulic and electric products and solutions to meet an growing range of some of the most demanding applications on iron and steel production machinery. From world-class servovalves to robust controllers, Moog is a leader in providing products that are the most reliable to meet the needs of operations that run 24/7.
Our solutions can be found in the following high performance applications:
- Blast furnace top gas recovery turbine unit
- Electrode position control of steelmaking Electric Arc Furnace (EAF)
- Tundish slide gate and ladle level control of continuous caster
- Mold oscillation control of continuous caster
- Peeler arm position, step control and mandrel in hot steel mill coil and box
- CVC, AGC/HGC in hot steel mill finishing
- Roll bending and roll shifting in hot steel mill finishing
- Coil handing in down coiler
- AGC in plate steel mill
- Bar guide in bar steel mill
Our typical services include repair, upgrades, and training as well as project studies, consulting, basic and detailed engineering, on-site installation and commissioning that are available upon request.