Durable, Quiet and High Performance Pump Products and Services
Moog offers an extensive family of RKP products that ideally address the special needs of our customers.
- The latest generation of the RKP has been optimized to provide the highest durability and low noise levels as well low flow and pressure pulsation
- The RKP-D family of products has an intelligent control mechanism that allows the user to optimize the usage of control entities within a hydraulic system, often making the need for central control hardware redundant
- The RKP design is a proven product for harsh environments including a model developed specifically for explosion-proof applications
- The family of products has also been developed for systems with special fluids and it has been used extensively in key applications.
Moog is the leading supplier for Radial Piston Pumps (RKP) worldwide. This mature and robust product has been used for decades and runs today in over 100,000 machines in various applications around the globe. It is widely known for its robust and reliable design.
In the current generation, Moog made significant product improvements in the design to make it quieter and more compact, while offering rapid response times and high volumetric efficiencies.
Benefits / Features
- The Moog Radial Piston pump comes in 7 pump sizes between 19 cc and 140 cc per revolution (19, 32, 45, 63, 80,100, and 140) and has a maximum speed range of 1,800 to 2,900 rpm
- The standard design permits continuous pressure to 280 bar (4,000 psi) with 350 bar (5,000 psi) peak limit and the high-pressure version is capable of continuous pressures up to 350 bar (5,000 psi) with 420 bar (6,000 psi) peak limit
- Large selection of controls, including standard pressure compensator (Type F), remote pressure compensator (Type H), pressure and flow control (Type J,R) and digital electro-hydraulic control (RKP-D)
- Various mounting flanges and housings conforming to latest SAE and ISO standards
- Clockwise and counter-clockwise direction of shaft rotation
- Accessories available to limit maximum flow
For questions and requests for service, please contact your local office. We also handle products sold under the name of Bosch prior to 2001.
The Moog Speed Controlled Pump System reduces energy usage by up to 30%—while also lowering the total cost of ownership. This article discusses our experience with testing this system on a customer’s hydraulic machine and the impressive energy savings experienced in the application. This test represented a good example of an application for hydraulic control where the need for energy efficiency is growing globally and the cost pressures are high.
Industrial Pump Technologies
Industrial pumps can be seen as the heart of any hydraulic system. Depending on the type of application and the expected performance different families of pumps should be considered. Examples of pump families used depending on the nature of the application are:
- Rotary vane pumps
- Gerotor pumps
- Gear pumps
- Screw pumps
- Peristaltic pumps
- Piston pumps
For high performance or high pressure applications, piston-based designs are the technology of choice. Piston pumps are belonging to the variable displacement pumps and offer long lifetime and high power efficiency.
Within piston-pumps there are two different types that are common in the industrial applications, namely the Axial Piston Pump (AKP) and the Radial Piston Pump (RKP). Each of these types has special characteristics that make it work better in certain cases than the other. However at large, the performance is comparable and the type of the piston pump does not determine the performance of the application rather than the design of the hydraulic circuits.
Looking for Medical Pumps?
If you are looking for information on Moog's medical pump technology, please visit the Medical Pump Systems page.