Moog designs and manufactures high-precision motion control and electronic solutions for many of the world’s leading naval forces. Our marine technologies include electrohydraulic (EH), electrohydrostatic (EHA), and electromechanical (EM) motion control devices for nuclear submarines, deep submersibles, surface and blue water ships. Comprehensive systems are engineered to perform reliably in the harshest of marine environments providing long-life and dependability. Extending our customers’ investments even further is the scalability and upgradeability designed into every component and system along with through life support.
A Dedicated SUBSAFE Manufacturing Facility
Moog’s SUBSAFE, level 1 manufacturing facility in Orrville, OH is dedicated to developing and producing motion control solutions for the U.S. Navy’s nuclear submarine program. Our Orrville sound lab includes a unique structural-borne vibration testing capability for low acoustic signature actuation.
Our motion control solutions comply with stringent naval qualification requirements such as shock, vibration, low acoustic signature, and seawater corrosion resistance.
Moog Maintains an 89,000 sq ft Engineering and Manufacturing facility in Orrville, OH dedicated to developing and producing motion control solutions for challenging naval applications:
- Decades of experience meeting stringent naval specific quality standards including SUBSAFE Level 1 and Mil-I-45208
- Structure borne vibration and test capability
- Exceptional process capability and repeatability
- Quality first mindset
Moog manages obsolescence issues:
- We offer build-to-print manufacture (as well as design & development)
- Moog owns several legacy product lines from Borg Warner, E-Systems, Montek, and other Naval System and component suppliers
Always Faithful: Servo Valves in Harm’s Way - Fluid Power Journal - July 2021
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.