An important addition to Moog’s hydraulic products line is the well known RKP Pump. The complete product line was acquired by Moog Inc. February, 2001 and production was recently transferred to a new facility in Nuremburg, Germany. The product was originally developed by Bosch and has served the industrial market for over two decades. The modular nature of the RKP permits customized solutions and the design is characterized by high reliability, low noise levels, and rapid response in a compact package. There is a large selection of manual and electric-hydraulic control (EHV) options, as well as high pressure versions and pumps suitable for special fluids. At the recent Hannover Messe, Moog exhibited a new (EHV-D) version with fieldbus interface
- 7 pump sizes between 19 and 140 cm³/ rev.
- Extended warranty 10,000 hours or 24 months (when used with Mineral Oil).
- Maximum speed range: 1,800 to 2,900 rpm.
- Standard design permits continuous pressure to 280 bar [4,000 psi] with 350 bar [5,000 psi] peak limit.
- High pressure version capable of continuous pressures up to 350 bar [5,000 psi] with 420 bar [6,000 psi] peak limit.
- Special versions suitable for operation with HFA, HFB, HFC, and HFD fluids and cutting emulsion.
About the Author
Martyn Waddington has been employed by Moog International in a number of engineering and managerial assignments since 1966.