Gun Control Unit
Moog's gun control unit is the most advanced, processor controlled system available for the military's gun and cannon platforms. This GCU is designed and qualified to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-108 and MIL-STD-461/464 requirements. It is also Weapon Systems and Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) certified. Its first application was for the BAE/Rafael Mk38 Mod 2 remote weapon station for the US Navy. It can easily be modified or upgraded for other gun and cannon applications.
Gun Control Unit Features:
- Free-air convection cooled to +71oC with 500 amps peak and 250 amps continuous gun motor drive. Higher current drive systems readily accommodated.
- Multiple communication bus options available
- Performs full diagnostics (BIT) on GCU, cannon and portions of the weapon station.
- Aluminum enclosure and cover. MIL-STD-C-5541/53072 conversion/CARC coatings.
- Fully sealed and NBC decontamination.
- Multiple enclosure and mounting options available.
|DC input voltage
||28V per MIL-STD-1275C and MIL-STD-704F
|Transient voltages (single fault)
||100V surge, 250V spikes. Reverse voltage protected.
||MIL-STD-461C: CE102, CS101, CS114, CS115, CS116, RE102, RS102, RS103
||MIL-STD-464: lightening, electrical bonding and grounding, upgradeable for TEMPEST nuclear weapons INR/EMP hardening, optional
|Vibration: Method 514.5
||Cat-24, Minimum Integrity Test Vehicle
|Shock: Method 516.5-8
|Humidity: Method 507.4
||5 cycles, 95% RH
|Salt Fog: Method 509.4
||5%, 48 hours
|Sand and Dust: Method 510.4
||P-I and P-II, 6 hrs
|Fungus: Method 508.5
|Altitude: Method 500.4
||P-I, no operation; P-II, operation; P-III, rapid decompression
||MIL-STD-108E, Procedure 4.13, 1m, 1hr
||13" x 8" x 4"
||< 16 lbs