FIBER OPTIC ROTARY JOINT
The FO285 (single-channel, singlemode) is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of optical signals across rotational interfaces. It also offers other benefits of fiber optics, including low spark hazard.
With a body diameter of only 9.4 mm and length 28 mm, the FO285 unit is ideally suited for applications where size and weight are critical issues.
The FO285 can be combined with our electrical and/or fluid slip rings, providing a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
- Provides rotary coupling for a singlemode or multimode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Stainless steel, aluminum or anodized aluminum housing
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810F functional shock (40 g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slip rings and fluid unions, as well as Moog Focal's digital fiber telemetry solutions
- Long life
|Fiber Size (Microns)||9 / 125 SMF-28 (Consult factory for other SM fiber types)|
|Approx. Mass / Material (without connectors)||Stainless steel: 16 g
(pigtailed with connectors)
|Insertion Loss||Typical < 1.5 dB, Maximum < 3.5 dB
|Rotation Variation||Typical < 0.5 dB, Maximum < 1.5 dB
|Back Reflection||Typical 22 dB, Minimum 18 dB
Optional: Typical 40 dB, Minimum 35 dB
|Wavelength||Suitable for operation over full CWDM band (18 wavelengths from 1,271 nm to 1,611 nm in 20 nm increments), tested at 1,310 nm and/or 1,550 nm. Consult factory for other wavelengths such as 900–1,100 nm band (tested at 1,060 nm)
|Rotational Speeds||To 1,000 rpm. Higher rotational speeds should be discussed with the factory.|
|Temperature||-55 to 75° C. Consult factory for extended range.|
|Shock||40 g / 11 ms sawtooth per MIL-STD-810 Method 516
|Terminations||Pigtailed with cable and terminated with connectors to meet customer’s requirements.
|Pigtail Length||Up to 3 meters standard. Consult factory for longer lengths
- Unmanned ground vehicles
- Surveillance systems
- Industrial automation
- Unmanned aerial vehicles and sub-systems