4 INCH THROUGH BORE SLIP RINGS
A slip ring can be used in any electromechanical system that requires unrestrained, continuous rotation while transferring power and / or data from a stationary to a rotating structure. A slip ring is also called a rotary electrical interface, commutator, collector, swivel or a rotary joint.
The AC6098 is a commercial slip ring capsule that features a 4 inch through-bore and a compact 8.13 inch outside diameter. The through bore provides routing space for hydraulics, pneumatics, or for a concentric shaft mount. This slip ring is available in four lengths, from 4.6 to 14.5 inches (depending on the number of circuits required). It can be manufactured with 1 to 72 signal rings or 1 to 24 power rings. This “stacked module” approach allows us to quickly assemble the exact number and type of circuits that our customers require. Unlike most competitive units, the AC6098 transfers low level control and data signals. In addition, signal / data circuits can be combined with power circuits all in the same assembly. The slip ring can run up to 250 rpm.
The AC6098 slip ring with through bores uses our fiber brush technology which offers several advantages over conventional slip ring contacts including multiple points of contact per brush bundle, low contact force per fiber and low contact wear rates. In addition, fiber brushes do not require lubrication and produce virtually no wear debris.
For more information about how Moog's slip rings with through bores can fit your specific application, contact our slip ring experts.
- 4 inch through-bore
- 1 to 72 signal rings (signal up to 10 amps)
- 1 to 24 power rings (30 amp or 50 amp or some combination)
- Can combine signal and power in same slip ring
- Handles controller signals
- Speeds up to 250 rpm
- Silver plated rings; silver alloy fiber brushes
- Sealed against dust and splash
- Brush assemblies are field serviceable (if required)
- Available with Ethernet
- Compact design
- Design flexibility to meet your requirements
- Transfers control and data signals
- Provides the exact number of circuits required
- Fiber brush technology provides maintenance-free operation (no cleaning or lubrication required)
- Longer lead lengths available
- Power and signal combinations
- Gold plated rings
- Seamed housing optional, solid housing standard
- Available with Ethernet, contact factory
|Operating Speed||250 rpm*|
|Number of Circuits||Various configurations|
|Lead Lengths||12 inch (304 mm) min. from point of exit|
|Lead Size: Signal Circuits||#16 AWG, 10 amps|
|Lead Size: Power Circuits||#10 AWG, 30 amps
#8 AWG, 50 amps
|Leads||All white with tags|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Contact Material||Precious metal|
|Current Rating||10, 30 and 50 amps|
|Noise||100 milliohms, max.|
|*Please note that the operational life of the unit is dependent upon rotational speed, environment and temperature.
- Industrial machinery - machining centers, rotary index tables, heavy equipment turrets or cable reels, test equipment, packaging and palletizing machines, robotics, process equipment and rotary sensors
- Amusement rides
- Exhibit / display equipment
- Medical equipment