INTEGRATED SLIP RING AND FIBER OPTIC ROTARY JOINT
A slip ring and Fiber Optic Rotary Joint (FORJ) can be used in any electromechanical system that requires unrestrained, continuous rotation while transferring power and data from a stationary to a rotating structure.
The SRA-73830-[ ]-JXX series provides a wide range of electrical connections, both power and signal, coupled with a singlemode or multimode FORJ to address todays increasing demand for reliable data transfer through a rotary interface. This design is well suited to applications where size is at a premium and reliability is a must.
The assembly provides a flange for convenient mounting of the stationary housing and drive pins to turn the rotating portion. Housing is plastic (standard) with aluminum and stainless steel options when required for a more demanding application.
Slip Ring Features
- Wide range of electrical options including:
- Signal circuits handle up to 2 amps
- 100BaseT and 1000BaseT Ethernet
- Multiple circuit configurations
- Plug-and-play Ethernet
- Integrates capability of SRA-73683, SRA-73801 and SRA-73808 under one part number, plus 8 amp power capability
- Can be integrated with a fiber optic rotary joint
- Provides rotary coupling for a multimode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Low cost, small size
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Stainless steel or aluminum construction
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810F functional shock (40 g)
- 90° fiber exits available for limited space requirements