Ball Screws, Planetary Roller Screws and Inverted Roller Screws
HIGH ACCELERATION, SMOOTHNESS AND MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
Moog has over 30 years experience in producing and designing customized high precision ball and planetary roller screws (ISO 3408 accuracy for classes 1-3-5-7) that are suitable for a variety of markets and challenging motion control applications.
- Various screw diameter-pitch combinations available (screw load capacity and dynamic performance)
- Wide selection of screw end shafts (bearing housings, metric threads, socket heads, wrenches, bored heads, etc.)
- Nut customization (shape, flange, coupling, number of circuits, special machining processes)
- Various lubrication options (selection of the right lubricant for the application, positioning of the lubrication holes)
- Selection of materials and special processing (standard and special materials, surface treatments appropriate for the type of application)
- Extremely quiet operation for low disturbance and low noise applications
- Compact design thanks to the Moog recirculating system design that allows a better balance of the nut
- Robust design suited for heavy duty applications, vibrations and harsh environment
What is a ball screw?
A ball screw is a rolling system consisting of a threaded shaft (screw) and a nut that, internally threaded as well, contains a determined number of balls.
The return of the balls that run in the nut during the rolling is permitted by one or more mechanical elements called liners.
A ball screw is similar to a ball bearing, with the balls travelling in one or more threads
Discover how Moog Roller Screws helped BMB S.p.A improve its production performance. Read the complete story