Weapon Stores Management
The Third Generation Weapon Stores Management System (SMS) is a Modular Open System Approach (MOSA) compliant COTS weapons control system that seamlessly integrates with aircraft sensors and mission management systems to provide the crew with a superior fire-control solution.
From guns and rockets to advanced weapon systems, Moog’s modular digital SMS has you covered.
- Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) compliant
- Lightweight – half the weight of comparable systems
- Compact and flexible modular design for optimized installation
- Proven, rugged and affordable
- High performance with latest technology available
- Third party user interface for rapid custom integrations with smart displays, moving map and mission management software suppliers
- Lightweight Dual Rail Launcher (DRL) with Hellfire Interface Unit (HIU)
- SMS software approved as non safety-critical DO-178C DAL E
- Qualified to MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461G
- Compliant to MIL-STD-704F
- MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, analog and digital I/O, Ethernet, RS232/RS422, and Serial interfaces available
Weapon Stores Management System Overview
Lockheed Martin Ground Weapons Test
Weapon Stores Management System Launch
Moog Inc. to Support L3Harris and Air Tractor Sky Warden Team on USSOCOM Armed Overwatch Program
EAST AURORA, N.Y. – Oct 18, 2022 – Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) announced today that L3Harris Technologies has selected Moog’s Space and Defense segment to provide its weapon Stores Management System (SMS) in support of the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Armed Overwatch Program. L3Harris’ USSOCOM award includes an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract with a cost ceiling of $3 billion. The program calls for delivery of up to 75 manned, fixed-wing aircraft. Moog’s combat proven, modular, lightweight, and affordable SMS solution will be integrated on each aircraft to provide superior fire-control and mission set capabilities.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.